Sunday Worship Service
Sunday, January 14, 21, 28
Taking a closer look at the Jesus we meet in the Gospel of John.
Read along with us!
January 8 – 13: John, Chapters 1-6
January 15 – 20: John, Chapters 7 – 12
January 22 – 27: John, Chapters 13 – 18
January 29 – 31: John, Chapters 19-21
Evangelical United Methodist Church offers many different opportunities to worship God:
- The weekly Sunday Church service starts at 10:30; child care is provided. This service provides all guests and members the opportunity to worship in community with other believers and those individuals still searching for a meaningful relationship with God.
- Hebrews 10:24-25 – And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
- Communion is offered during the first Sunday service each month. Home communion is offered by scheduled appointment.
- Mark 14:22-25 – And as they were eating, he took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to them, and said, “Take; this is my body.” And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, and they all drank of it. And he said to them, “This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many. Truly, I say to you, I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God.”
- Book Studies and programs, normally scheduled on Wednesday evenings, are offered throughout the year. These provide a more focused opportunity for each of us to understand how we can use God’s love to improve our relationship with those around us.
- Romans 12;2 – Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
- Worshiping God doesn’t stop with attending church and book studies. Worshiping God involves living a life that demonstrates God’s love. Helping others in need of spiritual, emotional, and physical assistance is important.
- 1 John 3:17 – But if anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him?
- Family Worship the first Sunday of each month.
Contact the Business Office for additional information on EUMC’s worship opportunities.